To generate sources of knowledge that dispel ignorance and establish truth
through teaching, learning and research.
To promote a bank of human talent in diversified faculties – Commerce &
Management Studies, Education, Engineering & Technology, Humanities,
Law, Natural Sciences, Pharmacy, Physical Education & Sports Sciences,
Physical Sciences and Social Sciences that would become an investment
for a prosperous society.
- To inspire and encourage all who would seek knowledge through higher education
- To provide quality instruction and research for the advancement of science and
- To promote teaching and research studies in disciplines of societal relevance.
- To bridge the gap between theory and practice of the principles of higher education.
- To develop human talent necessary for the industry.
- To open up avenues of higher education and research through non-formal means.
- To invite and implement collaborations with other institutes of higher learning on a
continuous basis for mutual academic progress.
- To motivate and orient each academic department/centre to strive for and to sustain
advanced levels of teaching and research so that the university emerges as an ideal
institute of higher learning.
- To focus specially on the studies involving rural economy, justifying its existence in
the rural setting.