THE BASIC PURPOSES OF THE IQAC ARE:
a) To ensure continuous improvement in the entire operations of the institution, and
b) To assure stakeholders connected with higher education - namely, students, parents, teachers, staff, would-be employers, funding agencies and society in general - of the accountability of the institution for its own quality and probity.
THE QUALITY ADVISORY COMMITTEE(QAC)
The IQAC may function under the guidance of a Quality Advisory Committee (QAC), which may be constituted in every institution under the chairmanship of head of the institution with heads of important academic and administrative units and few teachers. The Quality Advisory Committee will be a facilitating and monitoring body to advise on the roles and functions of the IQAC.
THE FUNCTIONS OF THE IQAC
Some of the functions expected of the IQAC are :
1. Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters in various activities of the institution.
2. Dissemination of information on quality aspects.
3. Organization of discussions, workshops, seminars and promotion of quality circles.
4. Recording and monitoring quality measures of the institution.
5. Acting as a nodal agency of the institution for quality - related activities.
6. Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report and such other reports as may decided from time to time.
SOME OF THE HEALTHY PRACTICES FOLLOWED BY ACHARYA NAGARJUNA UNIVERSITY ARE :
1. Generation of resources through self financing courses.
2. Initiating several programs in the trust area.
3. Considerable allocation of sources for research journal.
4. Citizen charted initiative and efforts made to prepare a vision document.
5. Computerization of examination sector and strict adherence to schedule.
6. Active participation and involvement of retired faculty in teaching programmes.
7. Initiatives made by the university to collaborate with 145 units through MOU signed by the university.
8. Efforts are on to enter into MOU with foreign universities.
9. Institution of Endowment lectures in many departments.
10. Clean and Green programme of the campus regularly every month.
11. Setting up of resource mobilization committee with prominent citizens.
12. Universities is making best efforts to place the students in different organizations.
13. Imparting value education through periodic lectures by the centre for Buddhist studies.
14. Involving people from industry while drafting the scllaby.
15. Evaluation of teachers by students.
16. Conducting instant examinations (failed in one paper) immediately after the announcement of the result of main examinations to enable the students to save an academic year.
17. Strong wing of centre for Distance Education Offering wide range of UG and PG courses including science subjects